At Junior Adventures Group, we are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information we collect about any person. Junior Adventures Group contains operational entities OSHClub Pty Ltd and Helping Hands Network Pty Ltd which provide outside school hours care services. Both of these are supported by Reliance HR Solutions (which provides payroll services to our group entities) and Young Minds Connect (which procures additional services such as excursions for school holiday programs run by OSHClub and Helping Hands).
Confidentiality and Privacy
Collection of personal information
We primarily collect personal information in order to safely and effectively provide our services, and to hire, train and manage our staff. The types of personal information we collect include:
• Contact details
• Emergency contact information
• Identification details (e.g. drivers’ licence, date of birth)
• Payment information
• Government benefit information (e.g. Customer Reference Number)
• Background on family (including any court orders)
• Child and family preferences and interests
• Information to tailor care provided
• Records of attendance and use of our services
• Information about your dealings and interactions with us
• For job applicants, employment related information including background, qualifications, references, past employment, availability and screening check information (e.g. working with children, right to work)
• Sensitive types of personal information, for example:
- Health information (e.g. to enable us to be properly prepared for any medical incidents as well as reporting immunisation statuses to Government agencies)
- Ethnic or cultural background (e.g. to ensure we are aware of any additional requirements during care)
- Disability/additional needs (e.g. to ensure we are aware of any additional requirements during care)
- Special dietary requirements (e.g. to ensure we are aware when providing food during care)
- Photographs and videos (only with consent)
- Criminal record (e.g. as part of employment screening).
We collect some personal information pursuant to laws including the Education and Care Services National Law (and related Acts and regulations), family assistance laws, working with children laws, the Fair Work Act, the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act, the Corporations Act, the Income Tax Assessment Act and other tax laws, occupational health and safety acts and workers compensation acts.
We collect personal information from various sources including:
• Written and online applications
• Records of our dealings with you including via email, telephone, in person or online
• Video and audio surveillance of our workplaces
• Your representatives
• Public sources, including information published online
• Information service providers
• Schools and relevant authorities
• For staff and job applicants: referees, past employers, professional associations or registered bodies, law enforcement agencies, educational institutions, medical and competency test providers and performance feedback.
How we hold and protect personal information
We hold all personal information in electronic form and in hard copies. We take care to appropriately protect the security of personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure as well as misuse, interference and loss.
Depending on the circumstances, some of the data security measures we employ include passwords for electronic data, secure premises for hard copy data, and appropriate data access restrictions.
How we use and disclose personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• Providing, assessing and improving our services
• Individually tailoring our services and care
• Ensuring that our services are provided in a safe environment
• Recording attendance
• Processing and facilitating payments and rebates
• Engaging, training and managing our staff
• Verifying your identity and personal information
• Maintaining and updating our records
• Working with you (e.g. where you are a supplier to us)
• Conducting marketing and market research activities including communicating with you about our programs, products and services (unless you opt out – contact us to do so)
• Managing queries, feedback, investigations and regulatory inquiries
• Facilitating corporate transactions involving the sale of any part of our business.
For job applicants and staff, we may also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• Your possible or actual employment and/or work placement
• Checking your right to work status with any Government Agency or their agents
• To undertake criminal reference checking with any Government Agency
• Any test or assessment that you may be required to undergo including medical assessments
• Identification of your training needs or any other products that may assist your development or employability
• Our management of performance reviews, complaints, investigations or inquiries that involve you
• Any insurance claim or workplace rehabilitation that requires disclosure of your personal and sensitive information.
We may not be able to do the things above without your personal information, for example we may not be able to contact you, or for job applicants we may not be able to consider your application.
The third parties to which we disclose personal information include:
• Your referees
• Our service providers, including providers of customer contact, delivery, customer support and IT services
• Our related companies
• Our insurers and Workers Compensation agencies
• Australian Government Departments or Agencies including the Australian Taxation Office (e.g. for purposes relating to Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Tax Rebate (CCR) entitlements)
• Any person with lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Some of the third parties to which we disclose personal information may be located in other countries including USA.
If you visit oshclub.com.au or helpinghandsnetwork.com.au (our Websites), our system may record information such as your server address, top level domain (e.g. .com, .au, etc), date and time of your visit to the Website, pages accessed, information downloaded, previous site visited and browser type. This information is used for statistical, reporting and website administration and maintenance purposes.
Like many other websites, our Websites may use ‘cookies’ from time to time. A cookie is a piece of information that allows our system to identify and interact more effectively with your browser. The cookie helps us to maintain the continuity of your browsing session and remember your details and preferences when you return. You can configure your web browser software to reject cookies however some parts of our Websites may not have full functionality in that case. See www.allaboutcookies.org for instructions on deleting and rejecting cookies for many common browsers.
Your privacy rights
You can contact us as set out below to request access to the personal information we hold about you and correction of that information. We may need to verify your identity.
Please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us locate it. We will provide our reasons if we deny any request for access to or correction of personal information. Where we decide not to make a requested correction to your personal information and you disagree, you may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the information.
If you believe we have breached our privacy obligations or wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and we will take all reasonable actions to resolve it. We may request additional details from you regarding your concerns, and may need to engage or consult with other parties in order to investigate and deal with your issue. We will keep records of your complaint and any resolution.
For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992.
Contact: Privacy Officer (Chief Financial Officer)
Address: 50 Downing Street, Oakleigh VIC 3166
Phone: 1300 395 735
Junior Adventures Group Pty Ltd ABN 63 606 520 316
OSHClub Pty Ltd ABN 76 135 003 520
Helping Hands Network Pty Ltd ABN 49 134 154 162
Reliance HR Solutions Pty Ltd ABN 21 154 205 160
Young Minds Connect Pty Ltd ABN 31 165 742 558
Last updated: 1 August 2017